How to Register for Bell School

Student RegistrationWelcome! We are so glad you have chosen to place your child in Bell School, where academics come first. The enrollment process is held each Tuesday and Thursday, 7:30 - 10:30 AM by appointment only. Office staff will be available to distribute registration packets before or the day of the registration appointment. Please be sure you have the following documents/forms at the time of enrollment:

1. Verification of Residency

Two proofs of address in the Bell attendance area with the parent/guardian name with which the student lives. This may be:

  • Mortgage Documents/ Military Residency Documents/ Rental Agreement
  • Utility Bill (Gas SDGE, home telephone, cable or water only) Sorry we cannnot accept cell phone statements.

NOTE: Driver's license and/or bank account documents are not valid for proof of residency.

If you are living with somebody else and you do not have anything under your name, you will need to bring a utility bill under that person's name and you will need to fill out the declaration of residency document contained in this packet.

2. Birth Certificate or Passport (if new to San Diego Unified School District)

3. Report Card or Transcript

(Students enrolling after the first week of the school year MUST present an official withdrawal form from the previous school and a report card. Students without this form will be directed back to the previous school to obtain.)

4. Health Records

a) Complete immunization records, including month and year of all inoculations [Polio (TOPV), DPT and/or TD, MMR (2 doses), Hepatitis B (3 doses-this is for 7th graders only)]

NOTE: Students cannot be enrolled in school until proof of all required immunizations are provided. If written proof is unavailable, you may acquire the necessary immunizations at Bell Middle School, provided a permission form is signed by the parent.

b) Health data signed by a physician, notifying the school of any special health condition, which will require special attention at school, such as physical education exemptions, medicine to be given at school or any class activity restrictions

5. I.E.P. or 504 Plan (if applicable)

Enrolling from different district or country

  • A birth certificate, passport to provide proof of age is required. (A military ID is acceptable.)
  • Custodial documents and/or special attendance permit if needed.
    a) If the student is living with someone other than the natural parent or step-parent, proof is required of legal guardianship or foster parent custody.
    b) A student not living with his or her parent, legal guardian or other person having legal responsibility, shall be required to complete a custodial document and submit the document with enrollment documents.
  • Falsification of any information or documents, either written or verbal, relative to this verification procedure, will result in revocation of enrollment for the student at Bell MIDDLE School.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.